Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Born To Fly

Born To Fly


I've been telling my dreams to the scare crow
About the places that I'd like to see.
I say, "Friend, do you think I'll ever get there?"
But he just stands there smiling back at me.

So I confess my sins to the preacher.
About the love I've been praying to find.
"Is there a brown eyed boy in my future?"
And he says, "Girl, you've got nothing but time."

But how do wait for heaven?
And who has that much time?
And how do you keep your feet on the ground,
When you know that you were born,

You were born to fly?
My daddy, he's grounded like the oak tree.
My momma, she's steady as the sun.
Oh, you know I love my folks, but I keep staring down the road.

Just looking for my one chance to run.
Yeah, cause I will soar away like the blackbird.
I will blow in the wind like a sea
I will plant my heart in the garden of my dreams

And I will grow up where I'll wander wild and free.
But how do you wait for heaven?
And who has that much time?
And how do you keep your feet on the ground

When you know you were born,
You were born to fly?

No comments: